Security Engineer - Cybersecurity
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsProjects & Engineering
We are Nomios! Our goal is to ensure that every organization in Europe is and remains "secure & connected". How we do this? With our cybersecurity and network infrastructure experts we build and secure digital infrastructures. And we have been doing this for more than 15 years. We started in Leiden and have since grown to 400+ Nomios experts in 7 countries. And we're still growing! Because we do not intend to slow down, we are looking for talent who will strengthen our Cyber Security team and make Nomios even smarter and better.
Are you our new:
Security Engineer - Cybersecurity
Nice job title. What exactly am I going to do?
In the role of security engineer for the Cyber Security chapter, you will be part of a team of highly skilled individuals that build the best of breed and best of suite solutions for our customers. You will the trusted advisor for our customers keeping them safe in an increasingly complex digital world.
Your main responsibilities are:
- To take a project from kick-off to implemented solution
- To work closely with the customer, Cyber Security team members and project managers
- To create high-level and low-level designs
- To build labs and test configurations
- To drive technical workshops with customers
- To mentor and share experiences with junior security engineers in the team
- To continuously develop your skills across multiple strategic vendor technologies that we work with at Nomios
- To take charge of your own personal development plan, whether technical or non-technical
Interesting! What knowledge and experience do I need for this?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience;
- A proven track record with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Cyber Security
- Relative vendor knowledge and certification: Juniper, Palo Alto, FortiGate, Cisco, F5, CrowdStrike
- Build relationships on a technical level with our clients
- Signal any challenges to project managers or senior team members
- You can write and speak English on a professional level
- Optional: Cloud (security) knowledge: AWS, Azure
Great, clear. Tell me, why Nomios?
We are a fast-growing cybersecurity & networking company where expertise is central. So, you have the freedom and flexibility to apply your skills and knowledge and share it with equally smart and fun colleagues! You will work at our headquarters in Leiden with a high-performance team of driven colleagues as part of the Cyber Security team. We focus on market leaders, which makes our projects extremely challenging and innovative. Learning and developing yourself quickly is part of the job!
Sounds great! What’s in it for me?
The opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing award-winning IT companies in The Netherlands with an international scope. In addition to a good salary and a bonus, we offer you:
- A dynamic work environment with a lot of flexibility and a close-knit and driven team. No two days are the same!
- Continuous training across multiple vendor solutions.
- Our people make the difference: a flat organization with experts you can rely on.
- Play pool or Mario karting during the break? We got you!
- Lots of fun team activities like Friday drinks, BBQs (rain or shine) and Tech Talks where you can learn from your colleagues.
An online screening and a reference check are part of the application process.
Apply directly via the application button “Apply Now” and submit your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions or if you require further information, you can contact Kiki Yuen, HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 81687966.
We understand that acquisition is necessary, but we are not interested.