Medior Support Engineer
Zaventem, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumSupport & Managed Services
We are Nomios! Our purpose is to make sure that every company in Europe is and stays “secure & connected”. How? With our expertise in cybersecurity and network infrastructure, we build secure digital infrastructures. Already for more than 15 years, with 700+ Nomios experts in 7 countries. And we’re still expanding! Because we don’t intend to slow down, we’re searching for exceptional talents to join our team and make Nomios even smarter and better. Are you our new:
Medior Support Engineer
What would your job entail?
You’ll work with a driven and talented team of engineers who are specialized in different vendor technologies. In this team, you’ll be responsible for solving complex network and security issues at our customers. You’ll use your expertise and experience to improve our services. We focus on Telecom, Service Providers and Enterprise, which means our projects are truly challenging and innovative.
Responsibilities of a Medior Support Engineer Fortinet at Nomios include:
- Being an expert in routing & switching troubleshooting. You see solving complex problems and technical incidents as a challenge and make your work fun.
- Proactively communicating the status of incidents and issues with the customer, including the administrative follow-up in our ticketing system.
- Estimating when to start escalation procedures and effectively execute them with suppliers and third parties.
- Processing and successfully implementing change and service requests for our managed services customers.
- Documenting and sharing acquired knowledge with colleagues.
- Since you are very polyvalent, you support your different colleagues (project engineers, presales engineers, project managers, etc.) when needed.
One of our core values is expertise. We expect you to have interest in learning and developing your skills, for instance in broadening your knowledge in security technology. After some time, you will get the chance to further develop towards project engineering, service delivery management or project management - based on your ambitions and interests!
What are we looking for?
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Telecom, IT and/or security.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar support position.
- Solid knowledge of network technologies, such as routers and switches, wireless networks, MPLS, Network Access Control, Load Balancing, Software Defined Networks, ...
- You obtained at least a certificate from Cisco (CCNA), Juniper (JNCIA) or Nokia and you have hands-on experience and routing & switching troubleshooting experience with their technology. Any experience in security (Fortinet, Palo Alto, ...) is a plus.
- We are looking for a very customer-oriented and dedicated employee: you understand our customers’ questions and needs perfectly.
- You are stress-resistant and solution-oriented (especially during escalations). With an eye for detail and your strong communication skills, you proactively tackle any problem.
- You enjoy working with your colleagues and get energy from sharing knowledge.
- You speak and write English fluently, and you have a basic knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
Interesting? What’s in it for me?
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect the following:
- Company car, fuel card in Belgium, phone, laptop, insurances, ..
- A dynamic work environment, consisting of a small and close group of colleagues; diversity is one of our strengths!
- Our people make the difference: there is no strict hierarchy.
- Lots of fun team activities such as After Work drinks, barbecues, you name it!
Not sure you tick all the boxes, but this job description makes you excited to join our team? Don't let this stop you and apply for an interview!