Medior Support Engineer Cybersecurity
Zaventem, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumSupport & Managed Services
We are Nomios! Our purpose is to make sure that every company in Europe is and stays “secure & connected”. How? With our expertise in cybersecurity and network infrastructure, we build secure digital infrastructures. Already for more than 15 years, with 700+ Nomios experts in 7 countries. And we’re still expanding! Because we don’t intend to slow down, we’re searching for exceptional talents to join our team and make Nomios even smarter and better. Are you our new:
Medior Support Engineer Fortinet
What would your job entail?
You’ll work with a driven and talented team of engineers who are specialized in different vendor technologies. In this team, you’ll be responsible for solving complex network and security issues at our customers. You’ll use your expertise and experience to improve our services. We focus on Telecom, Service Providers and Enterprise, which means our projects are truly challenging and innovative.
One of our core values is expertise. You will further develop into a Network Operations and Security specialist and therefore contribute to the expertise of Nomios as an organization. Your job is essential for the success of our business!
Responsibilities of a Medior Support Engineer Fortinet at Nomios include:
- Being an expert in troubleshooting. You see solving complex problems and technical incidents as a challenge and make your work fun.
- Proactively communicating the status of incidents and issues with the customer, including the administrative follow-up in our ticketing system.
- Estimating when to start escalation procedures and effectively execute them with suppliers and third parties.
- Processing and successfully implementing change and service requests for our managed services customers.
- Documenting and sharing acquired knowledge with colleagues.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Telecom, IT and/or security.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar support position.
- Basic knowledge of network technologies, such as routers and switches, wireless networks, MPLS, Network Access Control, Load Balancing, Software Defined Networks and a solid knowledge of security.
- You obtained at least a certificate from one of the following vendors: NSE4 (Fortinet), Associate CCNA (Cisco), JNCIA (Juniper), or an equivalent level from other security vendors.
- In addition to the certification, hands-on experience and troubleshooting with Fortinet and/or Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, Huawei, F5, … is a plus!
- We are looking for a very customer-oriented and dedicated employee: you understand our customers’ questions and needs perfectly.
- You are stress-resistant and solution-oriented (especially during escalations). With an eye for detail and your strong communication skills, you proactively tackle any problem.
- You enjoy working with your colleagues and get energy from sharing knowledge.
- You speak and write English fluently, and you have a basic knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
Interesting? What’s in it for me?
In addition to a competitive salary, you can expect the following:
- Company car, fuel card in Belgium, phone, laptop, insurances, ..
- A dynamic work environment, consisting of a small and close group of colleagues; diversity is one of our strengths!
- Our people make the difference: there is no strict hierarchy.
- Lots of fun team activities such as After Work drinks, barbecues, you name it!
We are looking for you! Don't hesitate and apply: get in contact with Marieke Verhulsdonck, recruiter, via: firstname.lastname@example.org or +324 87194014.
Not sure you tick all the boxes, but this job description makes you excited to join our team? Don't let this stop you and apply for an interview!